JOB TYPE | Permanent, Full-Time, Year-Round
LOCATION | Blackfalds, Alberta
DEPARTMENT | Precast Manufacturing Plant
DIVISION | Shop
CLOSING DATE | Position will remain open until suitable candidates are hired
START DATE | As soon as possible
Eagle Builders is family-owned and operated. Established in 2000, we now serve clients all over Western Canada. We manufacture precast concrete for industrial, commercial, agricultural, and civil infrastructure. Our dedicated team has grown to 450+ full-time employees.
If you are looking to start a career, Eagle Builders could be the opportunity for you. We are building a team of people that contribute to the health, growth and sustainability of their community. We are looking to partner with individuals who value integrity, quality, safety, innovation, productivity and sustainability.
Opportunity awaits in our Manufacturing Facilities.
- Check formwork and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured concrete
- Smooth concrete surfaces using hand trowels and power trowels
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete, level top surface concrete according to depth specification
- Operate a screed to level freshly placed concrete according to depth specifications
- Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure concrete surfaces
- 18 years of age
- The ability to read and understand the English language
- Previous concrete finishing experience
- Available to work a minimum of 44 hours per week, Monday to Friday, night shift starts at 5pm.
- Flexibility to work overtime and the occasional Saturday
- Physically fit and able to perform physically demanding work for extended periods of time
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to lift and move materials weighing up to 50lbs
- Punctuality and Reliability
- Critical Thinking | Ability to troubleshoot problems
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures
- Follow Instructions working with a team and independently
- A basic understanding of construction principles is considered an asset
- Valid class 5 license and reliable transportation
- Local to or willing to relocate to Central Alberta
- Must be eligible to work in Canada. Currently, we are unable to sponsor international candidates
What Eagle Builders Offers
- A welcoming, supportive, and dedicated work environment that values diversity, equality, and inclusion of its employees
- Employee personality and behaviour assessments to maximize individual and team effectiveness, productivity, and job satisfaction
- Opportunity for continued growth and advancement within the company
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation Programs
- Employee Appreciation Events | Ex: Spring BBQ, Slow Pitch Tournament, Christmas Party
- Competitive employee benefits
- Experience-based hourly pay
- Overtime pay after 8 hours day / 44 hours a week
- 3 weeks’ vacation to start / 6% vacation pay
- Guaranteed every Sunday off
We are a growing company with many opportunities which means your resume is distributed to multiple departments for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Eagle Builders, however only short-listed candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.