Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician or 4th Year Apprentice
HIRING LEAD/DIRECT REPORT | Scottie McLeod
JOB TYPE | Permanent, Full-Time, Year-Round
LOCATION | Blackfalds, Alberta
DEPARTMENT | Mechanic
DIVISION | Shop
CLOSING DATE | Open until suitable candidate is hired
START DATE | As soon as possible
Eagle Builders, located in Blackfalds Alberta, is a family-owned and operated company, established in 2000. We proudly serve all over Western Canada in precast concrete. We manufacture precast concrete for industrial, commercial, agricultural, and civil infrastructure and have built an outstanding name in the construction industry. Our dedicated team has grown to 450+ full-time employees.
Eagle Builder’s maintenance department is in search of a Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician or 4th year Apprentice to contribute to our mechanical operations. This full-time position will be situated in our mechanics bay in Blackfalds. The ideal candidate possesses a Journeyman ticket and previous experience with industrial and construction equipment. The successful candidate will be physically fit as this is a position that requires you to perform labour-intensive work at a relatively fast pace. If you have a high level of technical expertise, are diligent, hardworking, and seeking long-term commitment, we want to hear from you!
- Lead, assign, review, mentor, and participate in equipment maintenance activities
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain all fleet vehicles, cranes, semi-trucks, and heavy equipment
- Maintain a detailed report and perform scheduled inspection and maintenance on all fleet as per company maintenance program
- Adjust equipment and replace defective parts, components, or systems
- Test equipment for proper performance and ensure that it is working to meet manufacturers and legislated regulations
- Meet and exceed high standards of accuracy and quality based on established systems, programs, technology, and guidelines
- Plan, organize and prioritize in an effective sequence to be efficient
- Communicate and coordinate with internal and/or external parties as required
- Maintain a suitable inventory of wearable parts
- Read, research and problem-solve to find required solutions
- Ensure compliance with company safety policies and procedures
- Report to the Maintenance Manager problems encountered in the assigned work and progress in completing work assignments.
- Proficient welding skills
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection license
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Fall protection certificate
- Heavy Equipment Technician Journeyman certificate or 4th year Apprentice
- Experience in computer software diagnostics
- Strong organization and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Able to work in a team environment and independently
- Operates in a safe, clean, and tidy manner
- Strong work ethic and reliable
- A valid class 5 drivers’ license, acceptable driver’s abstract and reliable transportation
- The ability to lift at least 50lbs and be comfortable with heights
- Available to work Monday-Friday
- Available to join a rotating on-call schedule
- Minimum 44-50 hours per week, must be flexible and willing to work overtime
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Local to central Alberta or willing to relocate to Central Alberta
- Must be eligible to work in Canada. Currently, we are unable to sponsor international candidates.
What Eagle Builders Offers
- A welcoming, supportive, and dedicated work environment that values its diversity, equality, and inclusion of its employees.
- Personality and behavior assessments to maximize individual and team effectiveness, productivity, and job satisfaction.
- Employee Appreciation Events |Ex: Spring BBQ, Slow Pitch Tournament, Christmas Party
- Competitive employee benefits
- Eagle clothing program after 3 months of employment
- Experience based hourly pay
- Overtime pay after 8 hours day / 44 hours a week
- 6% vacation pay to start and statutory holiday pay
- Guaranteed every Sunday off and Statutory Holidays
We are a growing company with many opportunities which means your resume is distributed to multiple departments for review. We thank all applicants for their interest in Eagle Builders, however only short-listed candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.