HIRING LEAD/DIRECT REPORT | Werner Brouwer/Dennis Haan
JOB TYPE | Permanent, Full-Time, Year-Round
LOCATION | Blackfalds, Alberta
DEPARTMENT | General Contracting
DIVISION | Office
CLOSING DATE | Position will remain open until suitable candidate is hired
START DATE | As soon as possible
Are you ready to break the monotony of conventional construction and challenge your skills?
Eagle Builders is western Canada’s leader in precast concrete construction, and we want you to join our growing team. As industry leaders, we are innovative in our approach by prefabricating complete buildings before a single shovel hits the ground. We need someone like you who is proactive, can think 10 steps ahead and who is highly organized. Your self-starter attitude, strong work ethic and competitive nature is exactly what we are looking for, so we can continue to deliver quality buildings to our world class clients.
As a Project Manager, you thrive when having to think outside of the box, you identify breaks in the chain and enjoy problem solving. You are a leader within a dynamic team and excel in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have a strong background in project management and extensive construction knowledge with a solid understanding of building envelopes, design, estimating and project coordination. This is a full-time position that will require flexibility, determination, and a positive go getter attitude.
- Have full quality control of construction projects from start to finish with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for effective execution of projects
- Responsible for ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time with high quality standards
- Ensure all resources and materials are available and allocated appropriately
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan to track progress, manage changes, schedules, and costs
- Report and continue effective communication to management, sales, and site designates.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish, manage, and maintain relationships with the client and sub-trades
- Delegation and execution of tasks with follow up in a timely manner
- A degree or diploma related to the building construction industry or project management
- An understanding of precast concrete
- Hands on experience with an understanding of the different scopes and processes of construction
- Familiar with Procore construction management software
- 5+ years of proven experience in the building construction industry. Specifically in multistorey residential and/or commercial
- Strong understanding of building systems such as mechanical, electrical, structure and exterior envelope.
- Ability to read and interpret shop/engineering drawings and produce quality take offs for each project.
- Understanding of construction schedules and ability to monitor progress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and the ability to multitask
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Project & Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Comfortable with computers and learning new software
- Available to work a minimum of 50 hours per week, must be available to work flexible hours, and occasional Saturday’s
- A valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
- Local to central Alberta or willing to relocate to central Alberta
- Must be eligible to work in Canada. Currently, we are unable to sponsor international candidates.
What Eagle Builders Offers
- A welcoming, supportive, and dedicated work environment that is proud of its diversity, equality, and inclusion of its employees.
- Personality and behaviour assessments to maximize individual and team effectiveness, productivity, and job satisfaction.
- Opportunity for continued growth and advancement withing the company.
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation Programs
- Employee Appreciation Events |Ex: Spring BBQ, Slow Pitch Tournament, Christmas Party
- Competitive employee benefits
- Experience based hourly pay
- 6% vacation pay to start and statutory holiday pay.
- Guaranteed every Sunday off and Statutory Holidays.
We are a growing company with many opportunities which means your resume is distributed to multiple departments for review. We thank all applicants for their interest in Eagle Builders, however only short-listed candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.